Gracie's Miracle

Gracie's Miracle
Our beautiful model Tots

Sunday, May 2, 2010

The Carlsbad Street Fair

So, today was another beautiful day in sunny Southern California. We started off our day going to church where we had a guest speaker whose name was Nazareth. He is a christian comedian and absolutely hilarious. He had the church rolling on the ground laughing from start to finish. What a perfect way to start the day.

After church, we went to brunch with Mom at IHOP and got in some much needed visiting time with her. I've been so busy lately that we haven't had much time to spend with each other. It was so beautiful today with perfect temperatures outside that we decided to head out to a street fair on the coast in Carlsbad. Just Mom, Me, Ben, and Spidey.


I was really wanting to go there because in a couple of weeks we will be vendors at the Escondido street fair and I was kind of wondering what it was going to be like. When we got there I was shocked to see the crowds. I was told that anywhere from 60,000 to 70,000 people would attend this street fair, and from what I could see, they were all there. So many booths with so many nifty things. I would say that it was almost better than the Del Mar Fair as far as the shopping part of it goes. I don't know what got into me, but lately I've gone into this phase of collecting long deep purses. The main reason is that I am able to shove Spidey in them and take him wherever I go. They really come in handy when I am doing a show because I can have him attached to me and not worry about whether or not he's going to get stepped on if he were on the ground. This street fair had a gagillion (don't think that's a word, but it's Devon speak) long deep purses (and before you say it or think it Christi, "that's what she said"). My Mom was in a spoiling mood today, and although I get frusterated with her spending anything on me, I do appreciate everything she does. She bought me a few purses that I fell in love with. One of them was a long and deep tan canvas one.

Another was a colorful reverseable one. And one was red with shiney pretties on it. I couldn't resist a soft little black and white fluffy blanket for Spidey to lay in while he was laying in the purse slung over my shoulder.

We were only there for not quite 2 hours, but my feet were killing me. We were rushing through to try to see all of the booths before it closed, so we did a lot of fast walking in that 1 3/4 hour. It seemed like everybody turned out with their family and there dogs. There were so many dogs out there, that it almost looked like a dog street fair. By the end of our time there I was thoroughly exhausted.

I so much enjoyed my day today, but I have to say, that the best part was spending time with my Mom. She is the most wonderful person anyone could ever meet and I really don't know why God felt that I deserved to have such a wonderful woman in my life.

1 comment:

  1. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Love the little plug you gave me =)
    Cute stuff! See I told you they sell a ton of those purses. :P

    ReplyDelete